Read Hug by Jez Alborough Free Online
Book Title: Hug|
The author of the book: Jez Alborough
Format files: PDF
The size of the: 38.29 MB
Edition: Candlewick Press
Date of issue: November 12th 2001
ISBN 13: 9780763615765
Read full description of the books Hug:This is an adorable story, that the children will love and empathise with. It is about a young monkey called Bobo, who is lost and needs a 'HUG' from his Mummy. He wonders around the jungle trying to get hugs from all kinds of jungle animals and notices that every animal he asks already have someone to hug, but unfortunately for Bobo no hugs for him. As the build-up has led you to believe, he eventually finds him Mummy and gets his long awaited hug.
What is unique about this book, is that there are only three words used in the whole story - 'hug' being the main one, 'Mummy' and 'Bobo'. Even so the momentum of the book, combined with the lavish illustrations, still manage to tell a wonderful tale. It is a good book to help early readers and promoting understanding of the shapes of the letters to form the three words. Repeat reading will, hopefully, instil recognition.
* You might want to help progresss their reading and writing but seeing what other words can be made using the letters from the book for example, if you take away the 'h' and if you add another letter to the end of 'hug'
* In PSHE the children might want to discuss the importance of giving each other hugs and how they make you feel and for the older or more abled children they might suggest writing a story similar to Bobo's story exploring different emotions
* Art - Drawing and depicting the jungle habitat and exotic animals
* Science - The habitat in the jungle can be examined and the heat as well as the animals that live there
* Numeracy - counting, adding, subtracting, multiplying or dividing the animals.
I think this is suitable for 0 - 5yrs as it offers a diverse wealth of topic matters that you can strategically use it to keep children interested. It is an exquisite, charming and delightful little book and would heartily recommend.
Read information about the authorJez Alborough is the author-illustrator of the picture-book charmer HUG, his first book about Bobo. He has also created many other celebrated books for children, including SOME DOGS DO — a story about a dog who can fly — and the best-selling Eddie and the Bear books: WHERE'S MY TEDDY?, IT'S THE BEAR!, and MY FRIEND BEAR. Of TALL, he says, "Bobo experiences feeling small as well as feeling tall, but in the end he learns that whatever size you are is the size you're meant to be." Jez Alborough lives with his wife in London.
Jez's Facebook page is: http://www.facebook.com/jezalborough and you can follow him on Twitter: https://twitter.com/jezalborough
Add a comment to Hug
Read EBOOK Hug by Jez Alborough Online free